I recently got a comment from a colleague when he glanced at my iPhone and saw my Gmail icon with 14,000+ unread messages. Now if you think that’s bad, I know someone else with 60,000+ unread messages — and I’m sure some of you out there have even more. Messages from actual people always get read, but I get bombarded by so much advertising/pitching/etc., I start to fall behind. I decided to tackle this problem the easy way, and here’s how I did. Even if you aren’t IT savvy, you can have this done in under 5 minutes.
2. Click on the ‘inbox’ tab at the top.
3. Click on the drop-down box next to ‘inbox type’. Select ‘default’, then click ‘save changes’ at the bottom of the page.
4. Go back to your ‘inbox’. Click the drop-down arrow at the top left, and select ‘all’.
5. Click the ‘select all 67,000 messages….’ or whatever number shows up on your screen.
6. Click ‘mark as read’. You may get a dialogue box that asks you to confirm you want to do this. Confirm it. Depending on how many messages you have, it may take a few minutes for Gmail to complete the action.
And that’s it — you’re finished!